Marry Netbeans and SQLite
How to add a SQLite driver as a Database Service into Netbeans for accessing SQLite database files?
- You will need a SQLite driver. I suggest to use the one from https://bitbucket.org/xerial/sqlite-jdbc
- Direct Download: https://bitbucket.org/xerial/sqlite-jdbc/downloads/sqlite-jdbc-3.7.2.jar
- Start Netbeans
- Open the Services Window via Menu: Window -> Services (or just Ctrl+5)
- Expand the “Databases” node and right-click on “Drivers”.
- The dialog “New JDBC Driver” appears. Click “Add…” and in the “Select Driver” dialog, select the downloaded driver file.
- Click Find to scan for the proper class name. Now “org.sqlite.JDBC” should appear in the Driver Class text field.
- Give this driver a name field like “SQLite Driver”
- Expand the Drivers node, and you should see the SQlite entry
How do i access a SQLite database file with this thingy?
- Expand the Drivers node, right-click on “SQLite Driver”.
- Click “New Connection..”.
- The “New Connection Wizard” dialog appears.
- Specify a JDBC URL to your SQLite file, like so jdbc:sqlite://C:/folder-where-your-database-file-resides/sampledb.sqlite